‘Cutting Red Tape for Europe’ Conference†
More than 400 representatives of business and government from across the EU participated in the ‘Cutting Red Tape for Europe’ Conference held 20 June 2008 in Brussels. The conference engaged business and other interested parties in a discussion about what the European Commission is doing to reduce paperwork.
The programme consisted of a plenary session in the morning at which several high-level red-tape experts spoke, followed by four workshop sessions in the afternoon, bringing together policy makers, expert advisers and practitioners.
- The Action Programme for reducing administrative burdens in the EU
- The view from the Council's Presidency
- Putting pressure on policy makers
- Cutting red tape: how to make it work
- Why red tape really hurts
- The opportunities and challenges in reducing administrative burdens in the EU
- Workshop Environment and Transport
- Workshop Company Law
- Workshop Food Safety and Pharmaceuticals
- Workshop Burden Reduction
- Closing Session