Bob Stump National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2003†
- 公法(Public Law)
- (a) ESTABLISHMENT OF PROGRAMS- (1) The Secretary of each military department shall establish a program to improve the software acquisition processes of that military department.
- (2) The head of each Defense Agency that manages a major defense acquisition program with a substantial software component shall establish a program to improve the software acquisition processes of that Defense Agency.
- (3) The programs required by this subsection shall be established not later than 120 days after the date of the enactment of this Act.
- (b) PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS- A program to improve software acquisition processes under this section shall, at a minimum, include the following:
- (1) A documented process for software acquisition planning, requirements development and management, project management and oversight, and risk management.
- (2) Efforts to develop appropriate metrics for performance measurement and continual process improvement.
- (3) A process to ensure that key program personnel have an appropriate level of experience or training in software acquisition.
- (4) A process to ensure that each military department and Defense Agency implements and adheres to established processes and requirements relating to the acquisition of software.
- (c) DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE GUIDANCE- The Assistant Secretary of Defense for Command, Control, Communications, and Intelligence, in consultation with the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics, shall--
- (1) prescribe uniformly applicable guidance for the administration of all of the programs established under subsection (a) and take such actions as are necessary to ensure that the military departments and Defense Agencies comply with the guidance; and
- (2) assist the Secretaries of the military departments and the heads of the Defense Agencies to carry out such programs effectively by--
- (A) ensuring that the criteria applicable to the selection of sources provides added emphasis on past performance of potential sources, as well as on the maturity of the software products offered by the potential sources; and
- (B) identifying, and serving as a clearinghouse for information regarding, best practices in software development and acquisition in both the public and private sectors.
- (d) DEFINITIONS- In this section:
- (1) The term `Defense Agency' has the meaning given the term in section 101(a)(11) of title 10, United States Code.
- (2) The term `major defense acquisition program' has the meaning given such term in section 139(a)(2)(B) of title 10, United States Code.
(SEC. 804. IMPROVEMENT OF SOFTWARE ACQUISITION PROCESSES.)