Commission Decision 2006/291/EC, on the re-use of Commission information†
- EU決定(Commission Decision)
- European Commission
This Decision determines the conditions for the re-use of documents held by the Commission or on its behalf by the Office for Official Publications of the European Communities (Publications Office) with the aim of facilitating a wider re-use of information, enhancing the image of openness of the Commission, and avoiding unnecessary administrative burden for re-users and the Commission services alike.
(Article 1: Subject matter)
- This Decision applies to public documents authored by the Commission or by public and private entities on its behalf:
- (a) which have been published by the Commission or by the Publications Office on its behalf through publications, websites or other dissemination tools; or
- (b) which have not been published for economic or other practical reasons, such as studies, reports and other data.
- (a) to software or to documents covered by industrial property rights such as patents, trademarks, registered designs, logos and names;
- (b) to documents for which the Commission is not in a position to allow re-use in view of intellectual property rights of third parties;
- (c) to the research results of the Joint Research Centre;
- (d) to documents made accessible to a party under specific rules governing privileged access to documents.
(Article 2: Scope)
Subject to the restrictions set out in Article 2(2) and 2(3) all documents shall be re-usable for commercial or non-commercial purposes in accordance with the conditions set out below. Where possible, documents shall be made available through electronic means.
(Article 4: General principle)