Directive 2001/29/EC, the harmonisation of certain aspects of copyright and related rights in the information society†
- European Parliament, Council
- This Directive concerns the legal protection of copyright and related rights in the framework of the internal market, with particular emphasis on the information society.
- Except in the cases referred to in Article 11, this Directive shall leave intact and shall in no way affect existing Community provisions relating to:
- (a) the legal protection of computer programs;
- (b) rental right, lending right and certain rights related to copyright in the field of intellectual property;
- (c) copyright and related rights applicable to broadcasting of programmes by satellite and cable retransmission;
- (d) the term of protection of copyright and certain related rights;
- (e) the legal protection of databases.
(Article 1: Scope)