OFPP Statutory responsibilities†
OFPP’s statutory authorities and responsibilities are set forth in the Office of Federal Procurement Policy Act, 41 U.S.C. 401, et seq. OFPP’s primary responsibilities include the following:
- Overseeing the development of acquisition regulations.
- Formulating and coordinating acquisition legislation.
- Leading the activities of the Chief Acquisition Officers Council (CAOC).
- Managing the government-wide procurement data system.
- Directing the activities of the Federal Acquisition Institute (FAI).
- Promoting maximum participation of small businesses in government contracting.
- Chairing and supporting the Cost Accounting Standards Board.