Revision Summary Document for the EA Assessment Framework (EAAF) Version 3.1†
- OMB - Office of E-Gov & IT
The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Enterprise Architecture Assessment Framework (EAAF) Version 3.1 identifies the measurement areas and criteria by which agencies are expected to use the EA to drive performance improvements that result in the following outcomes:
- Closing agency performance gaps identified via coordinated agency strategic planning and performance management activities;
- Saving money and avoiding cost through collaboration and reuse, productivity enhancements, and elimination of redundancy;
- Strengthening the quality of agency investment portfolios by improving security, interoperability, reliability, availability, solution development and service delivery time, and overall end-user performance;
- Improving the quality, availability and sharing of data and information government-wide; and
- Increasing the transparency of government operations by increasing the capacity for citizen participation and cross-governmental collaboration.
While agencies have clearly demonstrated a degree of maturity and competency in developing and using their EAs, EAAF Version 3.1 seeks to advance the practice of EA, particularly through the development and use of agency segment architectures, aimed at driving the kinds of government-wide outcomes described above.
EAAF Version 3.1 features the use of key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of EA relative to the three EA capabilities areas of Completion, Use, and Results. It also moves agency EA submission to a template-based model aimed at improving reporting and assessment via an automated process and delivery mechanism. Artifacts will be posted on the MAX collaboration environment.